Continuing education is an obligation that pertains to professional contractors and tradesmen, whether licensed by the State of Florida or Miami-Dade County.
Each individual making an application for a non-examination category of licensure shall obtain sixteen (16) hours of formal classroom training through attendance at courses provided by Miami-Dade County approved course sponsors.
As an approved course sponsor, CBT Technology Institute offers a 100% comprehensive and self-paced online course that covers the mandatory fields of OSHA, Laws and Rules, Florida Building Codes, Workers’ Compensation, Business Practices, and Contract Administration and Project Management Activities with particular emphasis and added value on new technologies for the small business and vital legal aspects for the sector.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Introduction to OSHA
- Fall Hazard
- Electrocution Hazard
- Caught- in Hazard
- Struck-by Hazard
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- LAWS AND RULES
- Chapter 10 Miami Dade Code (10.1 Definitions)
- Chapter 10 Contractors Miami Dade Code (Sec.10-2 Certificate of Competency)
- Florida Statutes 553.71 Definitions, 553.72 Florida Building Code
- Florida Statutes 553.79 & 553.80
- FLORIDA BUILDING CODES
- Florida Building Code – Building
- Florida Building Code – Mechanical
- WORKERS’ COMPENSATION
- Chapter 440 Worker Compensation.
- BUSINESS PRACTICES
- Estimating and Building Jobs
- CONTRACT ADMINISTRATION AND PROJECT MANAGEMENT ACTIVITIES
This course includes:
- Slides presentations.
- Links to reference materials and books
- Private messages to the teacher(s)
- Downloadable content
Delivery method via Google Classroom
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 16 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 6
- Assessments Yes