ABOUT THE COURSE
As required by the Miami-Dade county Construction Trades Qualifying Board the following course will cover the mandatory fields of Workplace Safety, Workers’ Compensation, Business Practices, and Laws and Rules with special emphasis and added value on new technologies for technologies for the small business and key legal aspects for the sector. This course proves 16 classroom hours of continuing education required for the biennial renewal of the license of who are engaged in the general construction trade.
- Business Practices Module (BSP)
- Accounting online tools.
- Managing your online reputation
- Promoting your business using the Social Media.
- How to create a web page for your business.
- Marketing 101 for contractors.
- How to avoid false advertising.
- Laws & Rules Module (L&R)
- Registering the business.
- Florida Construction Contracts requirements.
- Workers’ Compensation Module. (WC)
- Getting the terms right.
- Workplace Safety Module (WPS)
- The right to safe and healthful working conditions.
- Heat Exposure.
- Indoor Air Quality.
- Business Practices Module 2 (BSP)
- Green energy.
- Why being Ethical matters.
- To update the knowledge about the scope of online tools for a better management performance, accounting tracking, improved marketing efforts and general wellbeing of the business.
- To promote the understanding and awareness of the serious nature of the consequences arising from unlicensed activities that will likely lead to litigation in breach of contract, lien foreclosure, and bond enforcement actions.
- To analyze whether the people that work for a business are required to have workers’ compensation coverage. Understanding the terms Employment, Contractor, Subcontractor and Sole Proprietor.
- To learn how to avoid the most common hazards in the construction industry by following the OSHA standards and common sense precautions.
- To promote a better understanding of how to indicate the sources of different pollutants and substances that affect indoor environmental quality.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 7
- Assessments Yes