ABOUT THE COURSE
This course will help the student understand the standards and regulations for electrical work required to pass the exam that covers the National Electrical Code (NEC) as the final step to earning a Master Electrician License.
Please inquire about classes in Spanish.
- General theory and electrical principles
- Plan and specification reading and interpretation
- Wiring and protection
- Wiring methods and materials
- Special occupancies and situations
- OSHA, safety, procedures for testing and use of tools and equipment
- Life safety and Americans with disabilities act
- Electrical signs, outline lighting, and structural considerations
- Alarms / Limited Energy
- To train the students in the use of NEC (NFPA 70) for the open book test.
- To help students solving exercises calculation and questions referred to the Electrical Contractor Technical/Safety exam.
- To practice the test in a similar environment to the actual examination.
The following references books and materials are necessary:
- NFPA 70 – National Electrical Code, 2017
- Ugly’s Electrical References
- Code of Federal Regulations, (OSHA) 29 Parts 1926, 1910, 1904 – 2018 edition
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 80 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes