This is a review course for individuals interested in challenging the Certified Coding Associate (CCA) examination administered by the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA). The review will focus on the six domains that will be covered on the examination and is intended to those coding and billing students/professionals in the final stages of preparation for the exam.
Participation in this review alone does not guarantee a passing score on the CCA examination.
Participants will be oriented and guided for the exam application registration process
- Review study strategies and resources in order to gain insight into the content of the CCA examination.
- Apply the appropriate service guidelines and assign the appropriate and specific service (CPT, HCPCS, ICD-10-CM) codes to cases in different healthcare coding scenarios.
- Apply the appropriate ICD-10-CM guidelines and assign the appropriate and specific diagnostic (ICD-10-CM) codes to cases in different healthcare coding scenarios.
- Determine and apply appropriate service modifiers in different healthcare coding scenarios.
- Use encoders (3M and Quadramed Quantim) in the assignment of service and diagnostic codes.
- After completion of this course student will be able to challenge the following certification exam:
Certified Coding Associate (CCA).
Based on the AHIMA-CCA exam domains (2018 version)
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 16 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes