FIRE ALARM SYSTEM AGENT (TRAINING)
This course provides the aspiring to FASA certification electrician the necessary foundation for learning all aspects of the examination of Fire Alarm System Agent in correspondence with the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA-72) Code in force. Allow the student to obtain the theoretical training necessary to pass this examination satisfactorily thus allowing to escalate into a recognized category in the Fire Alarm Industry activity.
- Train in the use of those terms frequently used in the Fire Industry.
- Given the pictorial diagram of a conventional Fire Alarm System, identify it's major components and describe their function.
- Identify and describe the function of alarm initiating devices.
- Identify and describe the function of Notification Appliances.
- Describe the characteristics and advantages of a Multiplexing Fire Alarm System.
- Identify the major components of an Emergency Voice/Alarm Communication System and describe their function
- Identify and describe the wiring installation parameters and limitations for different type of circuits.
- Identify the basic components of a CCTV System and describe the function of each.
- Describe the purpose of an Access Control System, identify its components and describe their function
- Given a specific Fire Alarm System situation, identify the Code or Standard that applies.
- NFPA 72 – National Fire Code
- NFPA 101- Life Safety Code.
- NFPA-70 – National Electric Code